Winebottler is a free online download that runs Window-based applications directly
on your Mac operating system. We've partnered with the makers of WineBottler to offer
a Mac-ready version of OnCall at no extra cost. The installer is a 300MB download
and when done, requires approximately 600MB of hard drive space.
Click here to download OnCall
If you've already partitioned your Mac's hard drive using a program like Parallels,
BootCamp, or VMFusion, install the Windows
version of OnCall instead onto the Windows side of your Mac just as you would
with any other Windows application.
- Download the OnCall for Mac disk image (.dmg) file.
- Double-click the .dmg file to run the install.
- When prompted, drag the OnCall icon to your Application folder. Then, create
a shortcut to your Dock by dragging the OnCall icon from your Applications folder
into the Dock.
- If you are running Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later, you will see an error
message that says: "OnCall can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer"
or even "OnCall is damaged and can't be opened." This is because OnCall,
as a Windows program, runs as an "unsigned" application on the Mac. Mac OS X has a
security feature that prevents applications not developed or inspected by Apple from
running without your permission.
To grant OnCall permission to run:
- Open your System Preferences found in your Dock. Or, click the Apple icon
in the top left corner of your screen and choose System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy located in the top row of icons.
- Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner and enter your mac password.
Then click Unlock.
- Under the words, "Allow applications download from:" choose the option Anywhere.
- Launch the OnCall icon in your Dock. OnCall runs a quick initializing with
Winebottler when opened for the first time.
Note: If you receive an error message or your OnCall will not open,
- Once you have launched OnCall for the first time, change the Security & Privacy
setting, "Allow Applications Downloaded From" option back to your previous setting.
- Proceed with entering your schedule data into the General Setup box. Once
you have finished the General Setup of your schedule, Update
OnCall to get the latest version. We don't update the Mac installer as often as
the Windows version and so it's important to update after the initial install.
Here we discuss mac.