By default, Amion configures group paging/messaging by staff type. However, you can
configure custom paging/messaging groups.
- In OnCall, go to File / Preferences / Paging, 2. Check the box
Enable group paging. Close the Preference window.
- Next, go to Window / Rule Writer. In the first drop-down box, filter for
Paging group. In the second drop-down box, label the page group by typing over
"Paging group 1". Use the third drop-down box to set up the group page.
For example, if needing a group page for everyone who's on call that day, filter for
"call/shift". Select all the call services in the list below that you want part of
the group page.
- To create another page group, click the blue asterisk icon *
to the left of the second drop-down box.
- When finished configuring all your custom page groups, exit the Rule Writer box
and Publish to Amion to save changes.
- To access page groups at Amion, click on the green pager icon, in the toolbar above.
Personal Contact Group paging/messaging
As of July 10, 2017, a personal contact number can be a group page/message. Personal
contact numbers appear on the daily who's on page, schedule roster page, and in the
call directly below monthly schedules.
For instance, you may have a service that doesn't have a specific provider scheduled
per day, but rather a group of providers that cover the service. When needing to reach
who is on call for that service, you need each member in the group to receive the
- Update OnCall to a build
date of July 10, 2017 or newer.
- Click on the Window menu and select Rule Writer:
- In the top dropdown, select "Paging group".
- In the middle dropdown, rename the page group rule to a name that describes this
type of page group.
- In the bottom dropdown, select "Staff". Then select the staff from the list below
that you want included in the page group. Note: the page group doesn't have to be
a selection of staff. You can build a page group based on other criteria such as call/shift,
day of week, etc.
- Close the Rule Writer toolbox.
- Click the File menu and select General Setup. Click the "Staff" tab and
add the generic staff placeholder name you'll use to staff each day of the service.
Then exit the General Setup toolbox.
- Click the Work Preference face icon in toolbar above. In the Infobox toolbox, filter
for your new staff's name. Next, in the top text field, enter Group XXXX, replacing
the XXXX with your page group rule. For instance, if you named your page group rule
as "MDonCall", then in the contact field, you'd enter "Group MDonCall".
- Publish to Amion to save changes.
Paging Group Template Text
Update to the Feb. 7 version of OnCall. With the latest version, bring up the Rule
Writer (Window menu / Rule Writer) and choose "Paging group" from the top selector.
- Use the Rule Writer (Window menu / Rule Writer) and choose "Paging group"
from the top selector.
- Choose a paging-group rule from the middle selector and right click in the box
at the top that shows the rule. Select the last button in the popup, "Message text template".
- You'll get a small toolbox where you can enter the default text. To insert a line
break, hold the Ctrl key and hit Enter.
- Hit OK when done and save to Amion. When you choose the paging group from the
"All staff on..." drop-down selector, you should get the template text in the Message
Keep the template short. You have a max of 40 characters, including the line breaks.
I can extend it if needed but it's best to keep the static text to a minimum.